Avoid the following activities and products to minimize side effects and achieve the desired effects after a laser treatment.
1. Avoid Sun Exposure, Saunas, and Hot Baths for Several Days.
2. Avoid Tanning Lotions for Several Days
3. Avoid Lotions with Perfumes and Fragrances for 48 Hours.
4. Don’t Apply Pressure to the Treated Area for Several Days.
5. Avoid Body Scrubs for 48 Hours.
6. Don’t Go Swimming for 48 Hours.
7. Avoid Cosmetic Treatments in the Treated Area for Two Weeks.
Things To Avoid before your treatment
SIX WEEKS BEFORE …
Discontinue waxing, hair removal creams or chemicals, tweezing and electrolysis, as well as bleaching your hair.
TWO WEEKS BEFORE …
Avoid incidental or direct sun, tanning beds, spray-tans and self-tanners. If you are out and about, apply sunblock (with at least SPF 50!) and use barrier protection such as wide-brimmed hats, large sunglasses and protective clothing. If you have recent sun exposure, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
THREE DAYS BEFORE …
Stop using any topical prescription products on areas being treated with the laser.